MB Stone Care MB-24 Barrier Impregnating Sealer
Used For Surface(s) : Concrete, Engineered, Granite, Marble, Limestone, Travertine, Quartzite, Serpentine, Slate, Terrazzo | Application Type(s) : Seal | Weight : 2.4 lb
MB-24 "Barrier" is a water-based Professional grade fluorochemical sealer that is extremely user friendly for homeowner and pro alike. Easy to apply to small or large areas; floors, counter-tops and any surface that requires sealing. It will provide a durable, non-film forming, transparent, protective barrier against oil and water on porous surfaces such as marble , limestone , travertine, granite, slate, unglazed tile, grout, terracotta, concrete and brick. Barrier provides excellent oil and water repellency, stain resistance, and easy stain cleanup.
A formidable water based penetrating sealer for all porous natural stone, concrete, terrazzo, terracotta, saltillo, slate and grout. MB-24 Barrier will provide excellent hydrophobic and oleophobic protection, stain resistance and easier stain cleanup.
Also available in 12 Quarts Case. Call for pricing. (888) 509-5831
FOR COUNTER TOP APPLICATION (EXCELLENT FOR GRANITE AND MARBLE COUNTER TOPS)
- Check surface for porosity(see test instructions in flooring application).
- Mask off and protect any surfaces not intended to be treated.
- Liberally apply an even coat on surface being treated. Seal surface in manageable sections so there is less possibility of leaving any residues behind. On counter tops we like to work a 6-7 foot linear section at a time.
- Allow sealer to penetrate the surface for 5–15 minutes; denser material may require more time for sealer to penetrate. During this time make sure the surface area you are working on stays wet by moving product around to dry areas if that happens.
- Thoroughly wipe the entire surface with a clean dry cloth to completely remove all excess sealer from surface.
- DO NOT ALLOW EXCESS SEALER TO DRY ON THE SURFACE. Tip-Good quality paper towels work best on counter tops for removing sealer residue.
- Apply second coat as needed for porous ,absorbent surfaces 1 hour after first coat, following directions in steps 3 through 6.
- If sealer was not completely wiped off and a residue appears, reapply a thin coat to that area, let sit for a minute or two and then using paper towels buff off all residue. Wipe again thoroughly with clean, dry towels. Surface may be used in 6–8 hours once all residues if any have been removed.
- A full cure is achieved after 24–72 hours. Do the water test after 24 hours and see if the surface exhibits any porosity-If it does you can repeat the process until no more absorption occurs.
- Clean tools used during application with water.
APPLICATION DIRECTIONS FOR FLOORS:
Test surface for porosity. Place a small amount of water and allow to sit on surface for 10-15 minutes. Then wipe away water and see if a darker mark is left. This will indicate the surface is porous and requires sealing. You can gauge how porous by the amount of water taken in and how long it takes to dry out.
- Cover and or protect any surfaces that is not meant to be treated.
- Liberally apply an even coat with a paint pad, paintbrush, paint roller or finishing mop. Seal surface in manageable sections so there is less possibility of leaving any residues behind. We like to work 50 sq. ft. to 100 sq. ft. areas at a time. Make sure when you apply the next area you overlap the previous one.
- Allow sealer to penetrate the surface for 5–15 minutes; denser material may require more time for sealer to penetrate. During this time, make sure the surface area you are working in stays wet by moving product around to dry areas if that happens.
- Thoroughly wipe the entire surface with a clean dry cloth to completely remove all excess sealer from the surface. DO NOT ALLOW EXCESS SEALER TO DRY ON THE SURFACE. Tip-Use paper towels, rags and or a buffing machine with carpet bonnets to remove the excess.
- A second coat may be needed for porous, absorbent surfaces and should be applied one hour after initial application as directed in steps 2 through 4.
- If sealer was not completely wiped off and a residue appears, wipe entire surface with a towel dampened with sealer. Use a white nylon pad to loosen residue and follow with a clean, white absorbent towel to remove.
- Do not walk on surface for at least 4–6 hours. Full cure is achieved in 24–72 hours.
COVERAGE: 300 sq. ft. to 500 sq. ft. per gallon depending on porosity.
CAUTION! CAUSES EYE AND SKIN IRRITATION. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling. FIRST AID: In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Call a physician. Flush skin with water. If swallowed drink plenty of water. Call a physician immediately. INGREDIENTS: Water (C.A.S. #7732-18-5), Fluoropolymer proprietary.
MADE IN THE USA