MB-22 E-Z Polishing Powder
Used For Surface(s) : Marble, Limestone, Travertine, Terrazzo | Application Type(s) : Polish | Weight : 1.0 lb
The MB-22 E-Z Polishing Powder is a superior wet polishing powder that delivers a high shine and dazzling gleam. Formulated for terrazzo and calcite-based stones, this polishing powder won’t etch surfaces with splatter.
This product comes in different sizes:
- 1 lb
- 2 lbs
- 10 lbs
- 25 lbs
You can call us for the pricing of quantities above 25 lbs.
Different stones require different polishing techniques. In general, you would need to:
- Prepare the surface. Hone it to the highest clarity possible.
- Apply proper masking materials to areas of the surface that can be damaged by splatters.
Below are the specific directions for buffing terrazzo floors and countertops:
- Target an area of approximately 10 sq. ft.
- In the middle of the target area, sprinkle approximately 2 oz. of product in a circular pattern slightly smaller than the diameter of the floor machine.
- Using a hog’s hair pad, position the floor machine with water on top of the powder.
- The machine cannot exceed 175 RPM for best results and needs at least 1.5 HP.
- Release 5 seconds of water and swiftly swing the machine back and forth over the targeted area to evenly spread the slurry. (Note: keep the slurry thick; not too wet.)
- Polish slowly with a spiral motion moving from one end of the targeted area to the other and back.
- Continue polishing for 3-4 minutes.
- Then check the surface with a squeegee. You should have a high polish at this point.
- Next release just enough fresh water onto your target area to make vacuuming the used slurry easy.
- Then clean with a neutral cleaner such as MB-1 Floor Amore One Step Cleaner or MB-15 Stone Glow.
- Now repeat this process on next section
- Target an area approximately 4 sq. ft.
- On the targeted surface, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of product in a circular pattern slightly smaller than the polishing pad you are using.
- Spray some water on the powder and over the rest of the targeted area.
- Set the speed of the right-angle grinder/polisher (variable speed is a MUST) to the slowest speed.
- Using a hog’s hair pad, move the machine over the targeted area slowly, applying steady pressure.
- Check the surface for results after approximately 2 minutes.
- If you have a high polish, semi-flush the section and pull the slurry down to next section and repeat.
Coverage: Depending on the type of stone, expect coverage of approximately 125 – 200 sq ft per pound.
If you have any questions about this polishing powder, feel free to contact us at (888) 509-5831 or send us a message at email@example.com.