D/2 Biological Solution is specially formulated to remove environmental pollution, dirt, and staining from biological soils such as mold, mildew, lichen, and algae from indoor and outdoor structures. D/2 is a Biodegradable cleaner that is pH neutral and contains no salts, bleach or acids. It is highly effective for removing stains caused by biological growth on surfaces including marble, granite, limestone, masonry, concrete, wood, canvas and vinyl & aluminum siding. It will not damage glass, metal, or plants.
D/2 is the only product developed for conservators by conservators. It has been successfully used to clean millions of buildings and monuments, from the White House to Arlington Cemetery. It was tested in a 6 year study and now specified by the Department of Veteran Affairs National Cemetery Administration.
Treatment and Maintenance Program:
After initial treatment of substrate, a once-a-year light spraying will help maintain a clean, stain-free surface.
Note: Heavy biological deposits may require repeat applications of D/2 cleaner to achieve complete cleaning after detachment. Alternatively, heavy growth can be detached by manual scraping using wooden or plastic tools immediately after application.
Method For Use:
- Apply D/2 with a brush, roller or sprayer
- Allow the undiluted D/2 to remain on the surface for 5 to 10 minutes
- Apply additional D/2 to maintain a wet surface
- Scrub the surface thoroughly with a non-metallic, short fiber scrub brush
- Lightly mist with water and continue scrubbing
- Rinse thoroughly with fresh water using a hose or sprayer
Coverage: Approximately 60-85 sq ft per quart and 250-350 sq ft per gallon